Warm sound for purists
These ribbon mics boast a modern design and exceptional quality at an affordable price. They're perfect for smaller studios, home studio users and musicians.
"The ribbon mic has amazing qualities that have made it a benchmark for sound professionals. It largely contributed to the success of the crooners, who enjoyed its especially warm and natural pickups.
But as with tube mics, their high price, size and relative fragility meant they were replaced by more practical equipment - only a few purists have continued to work with them, deciding not to sacrifice sound over ease of use.
Now Prodipe and I, we have developed a new ribbon mic boasting a modern design and a price that at last makes exceptional quality available to smaller studios, home studio buffs and musicians"
Ludovic Lanen - Sound Engineer
Using the famous microphones of the 60s as starting point, Prodipe has created a new generation of ultra-tough ribbon mics that because of their directivity in 8 are capable of:
- Stereo and simultaneous recordings that let you pick up the mood of the room from behind and almost completely isolate any sources that are on either side of the mic.
- The speed of response obtained from the lightweight nature of a ribbon that comprises 2.8 micron width aluminium.
- A respect for the timbre of each instrument and a very natural reproduction of their respective sounds.
- An ability to manage very high sound levels (for example, guitar amplifier at full blast).
- High-pitched sounds that are never aggressive (brass, metal percussion), even if the pickup is close.
- Directivity in 8 so you can capture the atmosphere of the room from behind and almost completely isolate any sources that are on either side of the mic.
The R.S.L mic is supplied with suspension, cable and clip in a hard case.