"R&D" was conducted in France by the PRODIPE team
under the guidance of Ludovic Lanen. He explains :
" To develop the capsule, we found inspiration in the best in the category and constantly measured our work against DPA's mics.
We developed an electret capsule capable of handling up to 140dB, able to capture all the dynamism and nuance of your playing, with a very high maximum sound pressure level. The VL21-C Lanen will also be particularly effective for recording when the violin is located close to particularly resounding instruments (drums etc). Its strong linearity will perfectly preserve the timbre and sound of your instrument.
As for the clamps, we decided to design two clips with different-sized openings rather than a single, adjustable clamp:
- The wide size variety of violins and violas demanded maximum adaptability, which is why we made these two new clamps flexible.
- These two new rubber clamps allow you to position the 21 capsule at the heart of the recording space, ensuring the sound is captured perfectly for precise, natural results.
- In addition to mechanical simplification (anyone who’s lost a tiny screw on a dark stage will understand), these two clips guarantee ideal fastening, without damaging or scratching your instrument.
The VL21-C Lanen is available at €129 taxes included! But again, don’t rely on its price alone;, we’re pursuing our goal of bringing professional quality within everyone’s reach. With this new range, Prodipe continues to make its mark in the world of professional audio. "
Features of the VL21-C Lanen Violin:
- Exceptional natural sound.
- UHF-compatible (with the Prodipe UHF B210 Solo or UHF B210 Duo systems, sold separately and specially adapted to the 21 Lanen capsule’s impedance).
- Quick and easy setup.
- Light rubber clamp specifically adapted to the instrument.
- Effective isolation from instrument vibration.
- Mini XLR-to-XLR adapter (48v phantom power required).
- Clamp(s) and XLR adapter included with the mic for wired usage (48v phantom power required).
Violonist • France
"The VL21-C has a very faithful response, and reproduces the sound of my violin as closely as possible.
It is therefore a precious element both in concert situations where the violin is processed digitally in real time, the difference between real sound and amplified sound thus being imperceptible, and in performance situations where the microphone is forgotten, for example. its size and quality.
Finally, this quality in a proximity microphone is very accessible, for which we must thank its designers."
Sound Engineer • France
"The VL21-C is the mic I've been waiting for.
A faithful capture of the color of the instrument. The violinists who at the end of the balance listened to their sound amplified by these microphones were all won over.
Bravo Ludovic Lanen and Prodipe!"