"R&D" was conducted in France
by the PRODIPE team under the guidance of Ludovic Lanen with the active collaboration of talented guitarist Clément Garcin.
Ludovic Lanen tells us :
" To develop the capsule, we found inspiration in the best in the category and constantly measured our work against DPA's mics.
We developed an electret capsule capable of handling up to 140dB, able to capture all the dynamism and nuance of your playing, with a very high maximum sound pressure level. Its strong linearity will perfectly preserve the timbre and sound of your instrument.
As for the clamps, we chose to design two clips with different-size openings rather than a single, adjustable clamp:
- the first for guitars that are thicker or equipped with an inner reinforcement around the rosette,
- the second being smaller and more curved, allowing you to place the mic correctly on guitars or ukuleles that have a block near the rosette on the fretboard-side.
- In addition to mechanical simplification (anyone who’s ever lost a tiny screw on a dark stage will understand), these two clips ensure ideal fastening, without damaging or scratching your instrument.
The GL21 Lanen is available at €109 taxes included!
But again, don’t rely on its price alone; we’re pursuing our goal of bringing professional quality within everyone’s reach. With this new range, Prodipe continues to make its mark in the world of professional audio."
This mic can also be used in a UHF version: connect it to the Prodipe UHF DSP B210 Solo or UHF DSP B210 Duo systems (specially adapted to the 21 Lanen capsule’s impedance)
Clément Garcin tells us:
" I actively participated in tests of the new guitar & ukulele mic.
If I had to sum up the results in a word, I’d say: effective.
The capsule reproduces the sound of the instrument remarkably and with great warmth.
The mic’s two clamps are perfectly designed and fit all types of guitars.
Prodipe truly is an impressive brand. I love it. "
Features of the GL21 Lanen Acoustic Guitar & Ukulele :
- Exceptionally natural sound.
- Very high maximum sound pressure (140 dB).
- UHF-compatible (with the Prodipe UHF B210 Solo or UHF B210 Duo systems, sold separately).
- Quick and easy setup.
- Light rubber clamp specially adapted to the instrument.
- Effective isolation from instrument vibration.
- The mini XLR-to-XLR adapter ensures connections and keeps the microphone cord firmly in place on your instrument (48v phantom power required).
Multi-Instrumentalist • France
" The GL21 Lanen captures the warmth of an acoustic instrument, and its capsule helps it do what very few mics can: faithfully mirror the soul of the instrument.
There was no way I wanted an intrusive mic stuck to my Model 00-21 1937 Martin guitar, so I opted for an easy-to-use, flexible mic. The GL21 stood out from the rest for its impeccable versatility and transparency.
For me, the mic combination GL21 Lanen + UHF B210 DSP + Natural 6 amp is the perfect solution for transmitting the sound of my instruments, giving me naturalness and consistency at a more-than-reasonable price. "