A totally new range of instrument mic systems for on stage recording of all your acoustic instruments.
We have perfected an electret capsule that can take up to 140dB. At that level of performance the capsule will preserve the full harmonic envelope, which adds warmth to the sound of your instrument.
The GL21 Lanen has been designed for guitars, ukuleles, mandolins and banjos.
For the clamp, we chose to develop two sizes of clip, rather than one single adaptable clip:
- The first type is for guitars with a thick soundboard or internally strengthened near the sound hole,
- The second clip is smaller and curved in shape - the mic can be positioned on guitars or ukuleles whose soundboard ribs are near the sound hole towards the neck side.
As well as the simple mechanics of the thing, (and if you've ever lost a tiny screw on a small dark stage, you'll know what I'm saying), both clips are designed to keep your instrument safe from damage.
The strengths of GL21 Lanen Acoustic Guitar & Ukulele
- Excellent natural sound.
- Very high acceptable sound pressure level (140 dB).
- UHF compatible (with PRODIPE UHF B210 SOLO or UHF B210 DUO systems - sold separately).
- Easy mounting.
- Lightweight rubber clamp specific to the instrument.
- Very high level of protection from instrument vibration.
- Mini XLR to XLR connector adaptor ensures that the mic lead is properly positioned on your instrument (48V phantom power supply required for wired connection).